Jun 17, 2008

welcome craft sanity visitors; this blog has moved

A big welcome to all of you who followed the link from CraftSanity! This blog moved a couple months ago to its new home at www.sewliberated.typepad.com. You can see all the archives over there.

I also want to remind subscribers to this RSS feed to update your bookmarks to www.sewliberated.typepad.com. There's lots of stuff to read about over there since the blog moved - house floods, our big move back to the States, and lots of pictures of my students (who I am going to miss very much) being their natural, creative and inquisitive selves.

But, perhaps most exciting of all, is that today I am announcing the release of the Lola Apron pattern, which includes a child's size verson! Here is today's post about it. Hope to see you over there!

xo,

Meg
________________

It’s about time for some big news, isn’t it? As much as I wish that I could be announcing this kind of wonderful news, that will have to wait until the chaos of moving subsides and the stars of serendipity and grad school schedules align. Instead, I have another “baby” that’s ready to make its way out into the world – the Lola Apron pattern!

lola_front

I’ve already mentioned how smitten I am with this apron. So smitten that I went ahead and made a mini-version, which comes as part of the deal. And a BIG thanks to my wonderful testers, Monique, Lucy, Shawnee, Beth and Melissa - these ladies are extremely talented, and they've made the pattern very user-friendly and typo-free.

Oh – and yes, that’s me, my former student, and, perhaps surprisingly, my Mexican kitchen featured on the pattern front. The dark interior made it a challenge.

But Miss Lola was insistent. She refused to be photographed in front of a run-down fence. She was pure kitcheny kitsch, and her place is the kitchen. How in the world could I possibly have a photo shoot in my rather hobbit-like kitchen? Answer: white bedsheets, this flash, a particularly patient husband, and lots and lots of fun with photoshop. My saving grace? These plates. They make the whole photo, in my opinion.

One more thing, which is a big announcement in of itself – have you listened to the most recent Craftsanity podcast? I haven’t yet, out of fear of hearing my own voice bumbling about and making embarrassing statements. I was so honored to be invited on the show and to spend an hour or so chatting with Jennifer, who is a delightful person and a fellow apron aficionada.

Craft on!

Meg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola, mi nombre es Tamara y quería felicitarte por tu trabajo porque es demasiado bello, ojala tuviera la mitad del talento que tu tienes. Soy educadora de párvulos y estoy estudiando una especialización en el método Montessori aquí en Chile y me han gustado mucho tus fotos y el trabajo que haces con los niños y niñas que son hermosos...
Te felicito.
Este es mi correo, a ver si estamos en contacto tamara_quitral@hotmail.com

Authentic Designer Purses said...

Love your purse blog. Like that you cover many different brands of designer purses and handbags

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. I'd like to read more concerning this theme. Thank you for giving this material.
Joan Stepsen
High tech gadgets