Mar 28, 2008

gravity experiment goes curiously awry

gravity experiment gone curiously awry
the culprit assesses the situation from high ground

the culprit assesses the situation from high ground

Aside from this riveting feline-style scientific experiment, what in the world have we been up to this past week?

The week began with an overnight trip to big-city Chihuahua where we stocked up on gouda cheese, cashews, olive oil and red wine (all of which we consider vital to our gustatory happiness, but which we can't find here in Creel.) Upon return, we were greeted by red and orange blinking lights on our modem. In other words, bad news. For days, our internet connection cut off every 10 minutes or so. Several visits from Telmex technicians later, we apparently are up and running once again.

Fortunately for me, this lack of access to the 'nets helped me to buckle down and get all of those instructions written and diagrams drawn for the Elsie Mae and Lola aprons. And there's more - but that's a surprise, and you'll have to wait until I have pictures to show for it!

I've also immensely enjoyed your comments and ideas about homemade/thoughtful/non-commercial gift giving. If you haven't had a chance to read through the comments yourself, I highly suggest it - it's a great resource for future gift-giving.

Off to sew things ...

Meg

5 comments:

Teri H said...

I can't wait to see the Elsie Mae apron! That's my Grandma's name! How cool is that!

Berlinswhimsy said...

These photos of your cats are so funny! Did this go on while your were gone?

I have my food-related necessities, too... Cashews are right up there!

village mama said...

Enjoy your gastronomic fiesta! I understand the Gouda thing ;-)

jillytacy said...

Can't wait to see the apron patterns and your surprise. I enjoyed reading about your cat's science experiment. Cats are so curious! My cat always laid on my projects. It was a miracle he never lost his tail while I was cutting out patterns and fabric!

Eternal Sunshine said...

Well, you KNOW I can't wait for the new aprons!!

I hate beinng without internet, but there's no telling how much I could get done without it! LOL!